Commissioning Section Lead
Join Our Mission
Salary: £53,346 – £57,569 depending on experience
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria (hybrid working)
The Sellafield site is one of the most iconic nuclear sites in the world and the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry. We have supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and the environment now sits at the heart of our purpose. With 100 years of work ahead of us, we are yet again at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, through setting international standards in high hazard nuclear waste management.
Come join and contribute to Sellafield’s exciting new era in leading the way in creating a clean and safe environment for future generations.
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing?
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced team within the project delivery directorate, supporting the commissioning manager to manage and supervise contractors and commissioning teams in the delivery of commissioning projects. This will include input into project and operational strategies, authorising safety schedules, documentation and safety cases.
The work is diverse, no problem is ever the same, and every project comes with a wide variety of technical challenges. You will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art equipment including advanced robotics & ROV’s, as well as commissioning a range of process plant, cranes and material handling equipment.
In addition, we can provide comprehensive training & development and flexible working, with defined career progression – if you are experienced in the industry or are looking to start a career in nuclear, we want to hear from you!
The Ideal Candidate:
• HNC or equivalent Level 4 qualification in relevant technical subject OR Incorporated Engineer status. Mechanical/Electrical background.
• Experience in directly managing a team delivering engineering or technical work.
• Ability to plan and prioritising workloads.
• Ability to hold others to account.
• Experience of coaching and developing others.
• Experience of senior stakeholder management.
• Demonstrable experience of building effective collaborative relationships across other areas of the business.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Accredited integrated MEng degree or equivalent Level 7 qualification.
• Chartered Engineer status.
• Knowledge and experience of managing contractors.
• Previous SL experience an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are committed to supporting our employees in fulfilling their potential. With having 100 years of work in front of us, we offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, enabling you to feel inspired in your role. Whatever area you join us in, you’ll find a genuinely exciting and rewarding career.
• An attractive combined pension contribution scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to 10%, made up of company and personal performance.
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024.
There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days.
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Enhanced maternity and paternity
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme
• Many, many more! Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
Sellafield is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer, and we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.