Control Systems Opportunities
Join Our Team
Starting Salary: £39,969 – £48,336 depending on skills & experience + an annual bonus of up to £4k.
Working Pattern: Days (37.5 hours per week, typical hours are 07:30 – 15:40 or 08:10 – 16:20)
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria (Flexible working options available)
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing:
Do you have experience in Control Systems & Computer Programming?
Those successful will support Operational plants across the Sellafield site delivering maintenance, plant support and software modifications to industrial control systems, primarily Programable Electronic Systems (PES).
Principal Accountabilities include:
• Implement, maintain, and support the growing number of Operational Technology assets and infrastructure across the SL estate, including the responsibility for maintenance, breakdown recovery and supporting activities across the organisation.
• Providing maintenance and recovery of Industrial Computing Systems, including Network, SCADA, PLC, DCS platforms and other associated platforms such as Fire Alarms and other Process Instrumentation.
• Duties vary but can include implementing design changes to existing and support to new systems, maintaining assets and collaborating with both internal and external customers as appropriate
• Provide technology expertise to ensure designs are fit for purpose and meet current standards; covering Networks, Scada, DCS, MIS and equipment which monitor and control equipment across the site.
• Development of new systems and bringing them into operation.
• Review and report on system performance for availability and reliability to plant facing customers / business stakeholder.
• Lifecycle support for systems in line with our industry leading practices. Actively support the department mission, strategies, including continuous improvement, Conventional & Radiological Safety, Training & Development.
Why choose Sellafield?
Seventy-five years ago, we helped to create the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Today, we’re using our unrivalled knowledge of nuclear to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In cleaning up the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry, we are once again generating growth and employment in West Cumbria, the North West of England and beyond.
Our 11,000 strong workforce is joined by more than 40,000 people from the best of the best in the nuclear supply chain, from small Cumbrian businesses to global market leaders. We need this diversity of thinking, of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
What’s in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are an organisation that is committed to supporting employees fulfil their potential. With comprehensive training and development opportunities, we will enable you to feel inspired in your role.
We also offer a range of employee benefits:
• Be a part of Sellafield’s 100 year mission.
• An attractive defined contribution pension scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to £4k made up of company and personal performance.
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024. There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days.
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies.
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check.
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts.
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme.
• Many, many more!
Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
Sellafield has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Higher level qualification or equivalent training/experience in an Electronic Engineering field, Software/Computing Operational Technology subject.
• Experience with monitoring, diagnostic and applications which support Operational Technology.
• Understanding of producing design documentation to a suitable / certified standard.
• Ability to work flexibly and agile across different SL locations.
• Experience of analytical and problem-solving skills in high pressure environments.
• Experience of coaching and developing others.
• Demonstrable understanding of one or more of a variety of Operational Technology Areas – SCADA, PLC, DCS, MIS/HLS, Networking, Windows. Unix, SQL, Cyber Security, Telemetry systems, Fire, CCTV etc.
• Experience of working in a Technology environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of configuration control and supporting arrangements.
• Accredited or ability to achieve accreditation within an Operational Technology field
• Knowledge/understanding of undertaking assurance activities
• Experience of working within a rigorous version control process. Experience of design and deployment for modification of Operational Technology equipment.
• In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
• Please regularly check your Spam/Junk folders for news about this vacancy, correspondence could contain invitations to interview and other important updates.