Cumbria – Degree Apprenticeships 2024 (Level 5-6)
Who are we?
Seventy-five years ago, we helped to create the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Today, we’re using our unrivalled knowledge of nuclear to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In cleaning up the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry, we are once again generating growth and employment in West Cumbria, the North West of England and beyond.
Our 11,000 strong workforce is joined by more than 40,000 people from the best of the best in the nuclear supply chain, from small Cumbrian businesses to global market leaders. We need this diversity of thinking, of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
Our Cumbria Degree Apprenticeships (Level 5 – 6)
Our degree apprenticeships strike the perfect balance between on-the-job training and experience, whilst enabling you to study for a fully funded degree. Sellafield Ltd degree apprentices go on to be future business leaders and vital technical specialists, so we’ve made it our mission to invest in your success. From day one, you’ll get access to expert advice and guidance, real responsibility on projects that have a tangible impact, and all the training and development you need to achieve a degree qualification in your chosen area.
Our Cumbria based Degree Apprenticeship opportunities include:
• Civil Asset Management
• Control Systems
• Digital Technology Solutions (ICT)
• Engineering Design
• Engineering & Maintenance
• Project Management
• Quality Management
• Safety Case
During your application you will be asked to select a preferred choice Degree Apprenticeship scheme, plus up to an additional 2 schemes of interest. Before you hit the ‘apply for job’ button, please ensure you have reviewed each of our degree scheme information pages.
Although we ask you to state your preferences, we will also get to know you during the application process to ensure you are well aligned to your areas of interest.
We’re looking for the next generation of pioneers, so you’ll need to be hungry to learn, with a real passion for your subject and plenty of drive and ambition. Each of our degree apprenticeship schemes have different entry requirements. For more information on what you’ll need to apply for each scheme, visit our website.
Each of our Degree Apprenticeship schemes has different entry requirements, please ensure you review and check the entry requirements for each scheme by visiting the below page before you apply and make your preferred choices.
As a minimum for all degree schemes, you will be required to achieve or expected to achieve:
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4 (Grade C) in Mathematics, English Language & 1 Science or Engineering subject.
• Minimum of 96 UCAS Points, at A Level / T-Level, some schemes have preferred subjects.
• Other Level 3 qualifications may be considered.
• Vocational equivalents at level 3 or higher will also be considered as equivalent to UCAS points.
• Functional Skills Level 2 will also be considered as equivalent to GCSE Grade 4 (Grade C). Other equivalent qualifications may be considered.
• Some schemes have additional requirements; ensure you review these before you apply.
Our Apprentice Community
You’ll be one of hundreds of apprentices, all working together to help make the Sellafield site safe for future generations. And we’re here to make sure you have everything you need to thrive. Our range of support networks are there to help you with settling into the scheme and getting involved in the apprentice community.
What’s in it for you?
Our apprentices start off with a fixed term contract (length depending on your scheme), with a competitive salary which increases after each successful year you complete. More details on the salaries offered for each scheme can be found here:
At the end of your apprenticeship and subject to there being a suitable vacancy you will be retained on permanent basis with us.
On top of your annual salary, you’ll have the opportunity to benefit from an annual bonus, linked to company performance, of up to £4000.
If you’re relocating here from more than 30 miles away, we’ll support you with a relocation allowance of £1,400 and give you plenty of information on the best areas to live and how to find a place too.
We aim to strike a good work/life balance by offering 30 days’ annual leave with statutory public holidays on top. There is also the ability to purchase an additional 2.5 days leave on top.
We also offer an attractive defined contribution pension scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution.
Other benefits include paid sick leave scheme, cycle to work scheme, family friendly policies, welfare & employee assistance programme, employee savings & discounts, plus many others.
Key Information & Dates
• Application Closing Date: 11th February 2024
• Assessment: You will be issued an assessment to complete, the date you receive this will depend on when you apply. You will be given a deadline to complete this by. Some candidates will also be asked to complete a colour vision assessment, depending on their scheme choices.
• National Apprenticeship Week: 5 – 11th February 2024
• Interview Dates: 11th – 29th March 2024
• Expected Start Date: Early September 2024
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related our apprenticeships, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum entry requirements for our Apprenticeships Schemes. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form. For more information please visit:
Before you get started..
• When you hit ‘apply for job’ below, take a look at our application form and note down the key questions and the minimum responses required. We recommend spending some time drafting your responses offline rather than rushing to complete when you first view.
• If you already have achieved your qualifications, you can upload copies to your application to save you time later on. Have these files ready to add before you work on the final application.