ICT Category Manager
Who we are looking for:
Sellafield Ltd are recruiting an ICT Category Manager, the successful candidate will lead the Information & Communications Technology Category within Sellafield in the execution of the business and functional strategies.
We are looking for candidates with a formidable understanding of category management and project management and who also have proven experience of successfully driving change within a regulated environment. You will have a passion for developing people through effective coaching/ training in order to create a high performing collaborative team that sets the standard in performance, culture and behaviours and are ambassadors for their team, the function and the business.
The ICT Category Manager will need to be able to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational and time management skills, while exhibiting excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately within a demanding environment.
Operating within a complex business with multiple stakeholders, the post holder must have ability to influence at a strategic level and display the drive and tenacity to deliver stunning results. In doing so, the job holder needs to have a thirst for knowledge with the ability to seek out greater understanding of the businesses operations and requirements and the ability to translate the requirements into innovative opportunities underpinned through strong external insight and an understanding of what good looks like.
• Act as lead during project/programme submissions at Investment Review Panels (IRPs) and Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) Expenditure Review Panels (ERPs)
• Plan, Develop, maintain, support and improve the quality of the Procurement Plan for their assigned category/ portfolio, to ensure the Plan in place is accurate with robust data integrity, any changes made to the Plan follow the change control process and that no fee abatement is incurred.
• Development and delivery of category, sourcing, contracting and supplier management strategies within the assigned sub-category(s) and suppliers to deliver fit for purpose, lowest cost and innovative solutions for the business. To undertake sub category and commercial management activities, ensuring intelligent application, providing direction and coaching as required to cross functional teams in order to drive the right outcomes, while ensuring compliance with European Union (OJEU) and Public Contract Regulations and with all SL policies, minimum standards and governance / risk mechanisms.
• To lead the ICT category and commercial management activities, providing direction and coaching as required to cross functional teams in order to drive the right outcomes, while ensuring compliance with European Union (OJEU) and Public Contract Regulations.
• Supplier Governance & Performance – Execution of appropriate supplier relationship/contract management strategies. Ensure all SL minimum standards and controls are met in line with the Commercial Management Framework and that supplier contract, operational and strategic reviews are conducted and appropriate SRM/ contract management plans are in place in order to maximise value through performance, continuous improvement and innovation.
• To partner with the IT business area, gaining a seat within their leadership team as an integrated team member. Establish a full understanding of the business need and question approaches through strong external insight and an understanding of what good looks like, in order to reshape thinking, optimise category strategies, and working collaboratively with the Sourcing Delivery Team in the sourcing of fit for purpose solutions that enhance performance and drive continuous improvement/ innovation.
• Accountable for the quality and effectiveness of delivery within assigned sub category, as measured by an agreed balanced scorecard developed to achieve service and financial outcomes. Accountable for the delivery of Commercial savings targets within assigned sub category/ portfolio by developing a robust savings plan, completion of a contract review schedule, ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget costs, volume and efficiency targets in line with business objectives in year cashable savings are verified and recorded.
• Drive change internally and externally using high quality project and program management skills to ensure projects are completed successfully.
• Extensive experience working in procurement/supply covering ICT Procurement
• Extensive leadership and management experience
• Expansive knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines
• Ability to travel to West Cumbria or Warrington when required
• Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience in commercial /contract management
• Knowledge and/ or a commitment to develop strong working knowledge of Open Journal of European Union (OJEU) and Public Contract Regulations
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase & Supply (MCIPS) or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent professional membership
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
Sellafield Ltd are recognised as a Disability Confident Employer (Level 2). Disability Confident employers offer an interview to disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. Sellafield Ltd define the minimum criteria as the ‘essential skills’ which are listed on the vacancy notice. Whilst completing your application form, you will be able to indicate if you wish to be considered under the disability confident scheme. If you would prefer to discuss this directly with us, please contact us on [email protected]