Lead Commissioning Engineer
Join Our Mission
Salary: £48,336 – £50,810 depending on experience
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria (hybrid working)
The Sellafield site is one of the most iconic nuclear sites in the world and the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry. We have supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and the environment now sits at the heart of our purpose. With 100 years of work ahead of us, we are yet again at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, through setting international standards in high hazard nuclear waste management.
Come join and contribute to Sellafield’s exciting new era in leading the way in creating a clean and safe environment for future generations.
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing?
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced team within the project delivery directorate, providing technical support to the commissioning manager & section lead to manage and supervise contractors and commissioning teams in the delivery of commissioning projects. This will include authoring documents, schedules and inputting into integrated programmes, design and safety cases.
The work is diverse, no problem is ever the same, and every project comes with a wide variety of technical challenges. You will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art equipment including advanced robotics & ROV’s, as well as commissioning a range of process plant, cranes and material handling equipment.
In addition, we can provide comprehensive training & development and flexible working, with defined career progression – if you are experienced in the industry or are looking to start a career in nuclear, we want to hear from you!
The Ideal Candidate
• Hold or be able to achieve HNC or equivalent Level 4 qualification in relevant technical subject OR Incorporated Engineer status.
• Mechanical/Electrical background.
• Successful delivery of commissioning or engineering tasks and assignments.
• Line Management skills and experience.
• Experience of coaching and developing others.
• Experience of allocating and prioritising workload
• Experience of and holding people to account.
• Demonstrable experience of building effective collaborative relationships across other areas of the
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills including document/writing skills.
• Ability to identify faults and proven problem-solving skills.
• BEng degree or equivalent Level 6 qualification.
• Chartered Engineer status.
• Previous SL experience an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are committed to supporting our employees in fulfilling their potential. With having 100 years of work in front of us, we offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, enabling you to feel inspired in your role. Whatever area you join us in, you’ll find a genuinely exciting and rewarding career.
Making sure our employees feel supported is important to us. Therefore to help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we also offer a range of employee benefits:
• An attractive combined pension contribution scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to 10%, made up of company and personal performance.
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024.
There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days.
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Enhanced maternity and paternity
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme
• Many, many more! Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
Sellafield is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer, and we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.