Nuclear Operations Director
The Nuclear Operations Director will be accountable for safe, secure, reliable and predictable nuclear operations at Sellafield Ltd (SL). Focused on performance, efficiency and value for money, whilst also meeting specified industry standards in safety, security, quality, delivery and environmental performance across all aspects of SL operations.
– Provide leadership and assurance that nuclear operations have in place suitable and adequate arrangements to meet the requirements of the Site Licence, authorisations and consents, and the SL management system, and that there is effective compliance with these systems.
– Similar duties exist in respect of relevant environmental duties, notably via the Radioactive Substance Regulation Environmental Permit and the Pollution Prevention and Control Environmental Permit, both issued under the Environmental Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2010 (as amended).
– Ensure that all safety case requirements are clearly defined, understood, communicated and fulfilled during current operations and modifications, and in planning future operations/plant configurations.
– Ensure a strong nuclear safety and security culture is established and maintained within nuclear operations; that standards, expectations and guiding values have been set and that behaviours to make nuclear safety the overriding priority are evident and cultivated and that this culture is embedded effectively.
– Lead the delivery of nuclear operational activities ensuring long term confidence in performance, whilst maximising efficiency and value for money.
– Establish and deliver agreed nuclear operation corporate plans and budgets.
– Develop and approve production plans, including outage plans and schedules.
– Qualify and perform such roles as are required within the SL emergency management arrangements and/or observe drills/exercises as appropriate.
– Strong Nuclear experience – SQEP (Suitably Qualified Experienced Personnel) for this level of accountability for Nuclear safety
– Proven Operational Leadership capability – able to inspire and motivate in a complex environment.
– Gravitas and Executive capability – Credibility and experience to work at board level and with senior stakeholders.
– Strong safety and performance delivery record, with due regard to environmental matters – focus on pace and output with a production mindset.
Please DO NOT apply via the apply button below. We have partnered with Thomas Thor, who will manage the recruitment for this position. If you would like to find out more about the role or application process, please contact James O’Shaughnessy via [email protected] or +31 20 80 87 192 or Lisa Stanger via [email protected] or 019465 51966 in confidence. Thomas Thor are committed to supporting you throughout this journey, if you would like to know if this could be the right opportunity for you, please get in touch.
Any applications received via this page will not be considered.
For a full candidate brief please copy the below link into your browser:
Please see below key dates to note:
Sellafield Ltd are recognised as a Disability Confident Employer (Level 2).Disability Confident employers offer an interview to disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. Sellafield Ltd define the minimum criteria as the ‘essential skills’ which are listed on the vacancy notice. Whilst completing your application form, you will be able to indicate if you wish to be considered under the disability confident scheme. If you would prefer to discuss this directly with us, please contact the GBS Recruitment team on [email protected]
Please ensure that you save a copy of this advert and your application for future reference.