Release and Deployment Manager
Who we are looking for:
The Release and Deployment Manager is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Release and Deployment process and is responsible for the application, effectiveness and efficiency of this process, governing the standards that Sellafield Ltd ICT teams and IT Service Provider(s) must adhere to. They ensure that the introduction of new services into the Sellafield Ltd estate do so with minimal negative impact and maximum positive impact to existing services and users and are accountable for effective planning and communication of planned implementations.
Why join ISO?
Information Services Organisation (ISO) role is to effectively connect our people, organisations, information and systems to enable effective business operations and ensure that we help deliver the Sellafield mission of creating a clean and safe secure environment for future generations. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a difference, redefining innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing change.
As a department, ISO is continuing to grow in size to meet the future demands of the business.
Over the next couple of years, how we deliver will change. The agile environment we are building means each person works in a place and way that works for them, but the environment is fluid enough to allow agility and responsiveness.
About the role:
• Responsible for ensuring that all IT teams follow the Release Deployment Management process and escalate non-conformity
• Facilitate and Chair Release “Go/No Go” calls, where applicable
• Coordinate releases to ensure that the integrity of all environments is protected and that the correct components are released according to a documented implementation plan
• Identify and recommend service improvements
• Provide input for the release policy based on ITIL principles
• Log and maintain release/parent change records
• Ensure inputs into the release process are reviewed and stored in a central repository i.e., Release Handover Notes and Test Closure Reports and stakeholder signoff/approvals etc.
• Identify and report release contentions and constraints
• Ensure release artefacts are up-to-date and appropriately stored
• Assist the Release and Deployment Lead in completing regular audits of the release process
• Support escalations regarding coordination of environment, test, and deployment teams
To thrive in the role you will need:
• Current or previous work experience in Release and Deployment Management
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to inform others using technical knowledge
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
For a full job description please contact [email protected]
• ITIL V3/4 Additional qualifications/certifications
• Knowledge of Service Management Best Practice
• Experience of managing Tier 1 IT Service Providers
• Experience of Service Management Toolsets
• Additional skills and experience in Release Management related disciplines, for example Agile, DevOps.
Closing Date: 27/6/22
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people grow, develop and perform at their best. For further information on our manifesto, rewards and benefits and thriving at work policies please visit: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/thriving-at-work/