Senior Buyer – Facilities Management
Sellafield Ltd are recruiting for a Senior Buyer within the Site Operations Team in our Supply Chain Directorate.
The Senior Buyer’s role is to provide support and to contribute to the successful delivery of an assigned portfolio or Programme/ Project work scope, ensuring the optimum provision of bought-in goods and services from the Supply Chain. The Senior Buyer reports to a Procurement Lead and provides support to procurement activities which meet the business needs of Sellafield Limited (SL). The Site Operations Team within the Supply Chain Directorate covers a range of commodity, service and product related procurement’s satisfying the needs of the SL Value Streams and Infrastructure Services.
About the role:
The main responsibilities of the Senior Buyer are the Contract / Supplier Management and Tendering requirements for Commodities and Services based around categories such as; FM, Infrastructure, Transport, MRO, Chemicals and Laboratory Supplies, Waste Services, Feedstocks, Bulk & Packaged Gases.
Specific deliverable are:
· The management of sourcing, assessment, selection and award of contracts within their own portfolio of low value/ complexity/risk, to ensure value for money procurement’s are undertaken.
· Ensure activities undertaken comply with Supply Chain Directorate policies, procedures, legislative and governmental requirements so that commercial risks are identified and mitigated.
· Ensure value added commercial and financial contract management techniques are used in the management of contracts within their portfolio through to contract close out to ensure that benefits are realised including monetary savings.
· To provide management against given portfolio of all aspects of supply chain activity and contract management to ensure optimal supplier performance.
· To provide commercial support, advice and guidance to internal customers thereby developing and embedding commercial awareness across the business.
· To maintain procurement activity records, reports and data which support decision making processes ensuring that these are accurate and produced to agreed timescales. · To provide support to the Procurement lead and other team members to deliver day to day tasks and data requests from the SL business.
To thrive in the role you will need:
· Previous experience of working within a fast pace demanding environment within a supply chain/ procurement function.
· Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a wide range of Stakeholders, at all levels of the organisation.
· Proven experience in delivering to challenging deadlines, using own initiative to overcome issues and blockers.
· Ability / willingness to challenge all areas of the business regarding opportunities of Continuous Improvement.
· Experienced user of SAP with strong Excel skills.
· Adaptable to change with a positive attitude and energy.
· Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
· At Sellafield Ltd, we require all recruits to have a minimum of three GCSEs at grade C or above in Mathematics, English and Science (or equivalent). New GCSE grading structure: Grade 4 and above.
You may also be:
· CIPS Qualified.
Pay & Benefits
Closing Date: 30/6/22
As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form. For further details on the scheme please contact GBS Resourcing directly. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people grow, develop and perform at their best. To learn more about our manifesto, rewards and benefits, learning and development opportunities please visit: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/thriving-at-work/