Senior EC&I Design Engineer
Join our Team
Salary: £53,346 – £66,034
Location: Warrington or West Cumbria, Hybrid
Join Our Mission
The Sellafield site is one of the most iconic nuclear sites in the world and the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry. We have supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and the environment now sits at the heart of our purpose. With 100 years of work ahead of us, we are yet again at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, through setting international standards in high hazard nuclear waste management.
Come join and contribute to Sellafield’s exciting new era in leading the way in creating a clean and safe environment for future generations.
What will the successful candidate be doing?
The successful candidate will be joining an experienced team in supporting the full portfolio of work on the SL estate, leading and coordinating the definition, implementation and delivery EC&I engineering design solutions that meet functional and business requirements.
Sellafield can provide Engineers with opportunities to work in roles across the entire design scope – from studies work to define future projects, conceptual design, detailed design and supporting projects and facilities in construction, commissioning and operation. Specialist design roles to more general design management roles leading and managing design teams, or acting as client/customer – all within a unique and challenging environment that can support your ambitions for career development with training and flexibility in deployment.
The work is diverse, no problem is every the same, and there are opportunities in abundance to learn across the whole of electrical, controls and instrumentation. The successful candidate be exposed to anything from heavy power substation work, through to fire & evacuation systems, and also supporting robotics, AI and cyber projects.
If you have a love for engineering, innovation and design, then this is the role for you!
• Deliver innovative products and services and / or take technical responsibility for complex engineering systems.
• Hold technical responsibility for the design of complex, fit-for-purpose engineering systems and ultimate ownership of the solution.
• Produce deliverables to time, cost and quality requirements.
• Support less experienced engineers and provide team leadership
• Work collaboratively with the supply chain to deliver successful projects and work packages
• Hold a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines and their role within engineering delivery.
• Understand the importance of nuclear safety and security, to identify key nuclear hazards and articulate methods of managing these.
• Have an awareness of governing laws, key regulations and standards for the nuclear industry and apply them appropriately on projects
• Network and connect with other professions in order to deliver successful outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Professional Registration (minimum IEng level) with a relevant institute (i.e. IET, IoP, IMC, Nuclear) or Professional Development to a stage that a PRA could endorse a IEng/CEng application.
• Significant experience working within a highly regulated and quality assured system in roles where professional engineering judgement is the key attribute.
•Experience of leading change and / or improvement programmes amongst engineering teams with demonstrable results.
• Good commercial awareness and ability to work with multi discipline teams to deliver solutions
What’s in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are committed to supporting our employees in fulfilling their potential. With having 100 years of work in front of us, we offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, enabling you to feel inspired in your role.
Whatever area you join us in, you’ll find a genuinely exciting and rewarding career.
Making sure our employees feel supported is important to us. Therefore to help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we also offer a range of employee benefits:
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to 15%, made up of company and personal performance
• An attractive defined contribution pension scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024. There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year
• Paid Sick Leave
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies.
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme
• Many, many more! Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
We have opportunities available across our West Cumbria and Warrington offices, with hybrid and flexible working options available. We’d love to hear from you – please get in touch for any further questions!
What we’re proud of:
Sellafield is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer, and we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
• Please upload evidence of your qualifications to your application.
• In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
• Please regularly check your Spam/Junk folders for news about this vacancy, correspondence could contain invitations to interview and other important updates.