Software Development Opportunities
Who we are looking for:
Sellafield Ltd are looking for recruit a number of Software Developers to join our Information Services Organisation.
Software developers at Sellafield Ltd develop and maintain bespoke applications as part of the ISO Applications Development capability, delivering solutions in a safe, secure, and professional manner in order to support Sellafield in its current and future missions, and enable digital transformation.
Why Join ISO?
Information Services Organisation (ISO) role is to effectively connect our people, organisations, information and systems to enable effective business operations and ensure that we help deliver the Sellafield mission of creating a clean and safe secure environment for future generations. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a difference, redefining innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing change.
As a department, ISO is continuing to grow in size to meet the future demands of the business.
Over the next couple of years, how we deliver will change. The agile environment we are building means each person works in a place and way that works for them, but the environment is fluid enough to allow agility and responsiveness.
About the role:
• Contribute in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
• Provide input into defining Bespoke Development standards and practices for the wider SL development community, including (but not limited to) source control, work management, infrastructure, tooling, techniques, and methodologies.
• Work closely with customers, Business Analysts and team members to understand, refine and develop business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with of Sellafield Limited’s ISO Architecture – Technology Principles and Standards (Document Reference ISO-A-0002).
• Operate across the full software lifecycle and possess skills focused specifically to the technologies and processes defined in the SL Applications Development standards, delivering bespoke applications that support SL in its missions.
• Provide application support and advice to SL for existing and new solutions.
• Makes recommendations to the ISO Development and Configuration capability towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code for existing and future bespoke application developments. For senior roles individuals should be a technical leader in their particular field of bespoke software applications
To thrive in the role you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of technical areas and processes, for senior roles individuals will be expected to have detailed technical knowledge and be able to act as Subject Matter Experts for elements of the application portfolio
• Good communication skills with the ability to advise others using technical knowledge
• Good analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and patterns
• Knowledge of working with bespoke applications development, for senior roles individuals will be expected to have specialist IT work experience
• Experience of DevOps tooling & processes
• Experience of Agile software development methodologies
• Experience of Testing (Test Driven Development, xUnit)
• Experience of API and API Design
Salary:£33,725 to £54,000 Depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people grow, develop and perform at their best. To learn more about our manifesto, rewards and benefits, learning and development opportunities please visit: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/thriving-at-work/