Solutions Design Architect
Who we are looking for:
Sellafield Ltd are looking for a Solutions Design Architect to join our Information Service Organisation, the Solutions Design Architect creates outline, high level and detailed solution designs and other artefacts that enable our delivery partners to build modern, fit for purpose, flexible solutions delivering value for Sellafield, based on standards, building blocks and principles defined by our Enterprise Architecture team and the commercial supply chain. The role covers a variety of IT specialisations, most notably Platform (including End User, Cloud and Data Centre technologies), Networking (including Telecoms) and Applications (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Integration Technologies and Workflow).
Why join ISO?
Information Services Organisation (ISO) role is to effectively connect our people, organisations, information and systems to enable effective business operations and ensure that we help deliver the Sellafield mission of creating a clean and safe secure environment for future generations. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a difference, redefining innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing change.
As a department, ISO is continuing to grow in size to meet the future demands of the business.
Over the next couple of years, how we deliver will change. The agile environment we are building means each person works in a place and way that works for them, but the environment is fluid enough to allow agility and responsiveness.
About the role:
• Create Outline, High Level and Detailed Solution Designs and ensure designs are appropriately scalable, cost-effective and achieve business & project requirements, while adhering to defined standards and quality goals.
• Responsible for the coordination of costing of Solution Designs, working with ISO stakeholders and the supply chain to obtain and integrate all costs to reflect the end to end cost of the overall solution.
• Research new or modified products and technologies to determine performance and interoperability within the proposed architectural roadmap. This research helps to identify new capabilities that could be introduced to assist Sellafield in achieving its business objectives as part of the Solution Design process.
• Provide expert technical advice, guidance to other areas of the business and external partners with regards to IT Solution Design.
• Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Develop and maintain guidelines, templates and reference materials (including physical, logical and conceptual designs) to accelerate the creation of new Solutions.
• Develop and maintain building blocks from known architectural artefacts to create a repository of re-useable components to accelerate architectural implementation.
Knowledge & Experience
• Data Centre Core
• Distribution and Edge network, and telephony & mobile infrastructure.
• Qualifications/certifications in Cisco or equivalents.
• Qualifications/certifications in on-premise
• Cloud and hybrid solutions e.g. Microsoft Azure, VMware, Citrix, AWS, GCP.
• net, VMWare, Oracle DB, Azure
• SAP, SharePoint, Office365, Archibus, Pega, Oracle Primavera, ServiceNow, PlanView etc. Data Specific
• BIM, CFIHOS
To thrive in the role you will need:
• Knowledge of solution design methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools.
• Knowledge and experience of creating cost models and coordinating the production of costs matched to Solution Designs.
• Experience working with common technologies and development stacks, such as integration (e.g. SOAP, JSON etc), Microsoft (.NET, ASP), AWS/Cloud, VMWare, Cisco and other enterprise vendor ecosystems relevant to core competency.
• Information Technology / Engineering Degree or relevant experience in lieu of degree (equivalent or higher).
• Able to assess complex issues; and to apply originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems.
For a full job description please contact [email protected],com
• Prior experience of working within the Nuclear industry or a high regulated environment.
Closing date: 27/6/22
Salary: £42,541 to £45,000 depending on skills qualifications and experience.
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people grow, develop and perform at their best. To learn more about our manifesto, rewards and benefits, learning and development opportunities please visit: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/thriving-at-work/