We are nuclear professionals in everything we do
You will be responsible for successfully delivering individual tasks / small projects. This includes tasks being delivered to specification, time, cost and quality to ensure customer satisfaction whilst working within Sellafield Ltd and ISO procedures. The roles involve gathering requirements, gaining financial sanction, engaging with suppliers and monitoring delivery progress. The IT Task Manager will self-manage and lead on a caseload of tasks from inception to completion.
Why join ISO?
Information Services Organisation (ISO) role is to effectively connect our people, organisations, information and systems to enable effective business operations and ensure that we help deliver the Sellafield mission of creating a clean and safe secure environment for future generations. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a difference, redefining innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing change.
As a department, ISO is continuing to grow in size to meet the future demands of the business.
Over the next couple of years, how we deliver will change. The agile environment we are building means each person works in a place and way that works for them, but the environment is fluid enough to allow agility and responsiveness.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Deliver tasks to time, cost, quality and specification to ensure customer satisfaction
• Follow task delivery processes to execute work packages.
• Plans work accordingly and communicate with customers to ensure they understand proposed delivery.
• Control scope and cost to the agreed task brief limits.
• Manage multiple suppliers to ensure timely delivery of work to the specified quality.
• Construct work packages for delivery by the supply chain.
• Provide accurate and timely information and reports regarding Task status.
• Liaise with stakeholders to gather/ document requirements (both system and functional) that are coherent, comprehensive and testable.
To thrive in this role you will need:
• Experience of delivering tasks or projects within a project environment
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment
• Stakeholder management experience
• Proven planning and scheduling skills – ability to track progress and report on performance
• Degree in IT, or relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
• Ability to translate business needs into requirements within an IT setting. The role will require a broad range of IT experience.
• Effective prioritisation abilities to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Proven attention to detail and record keeping skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Use of Learning from Experience (LFE) and disseminating new LFE to relevant functions.
• Be knowledgeable & proficient in the application of all Company appropriate SLP’s, working practices and approved IT systems.
• Project office experience
• Small Project or Task Management experience
• Prince 2, APM or equivalent qualification
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential skills for the vacancy. You will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people grow, develop and perform at their best. To learn more about our manifesto, rewards and benefits, learning and development opportunities please visit: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/thriving-at-work/