Planning on applying to our graduate scheme? – We’ve created a handy application guide to help you get through the first stage of our application process, completing your application form.
Before you get started on your application..
- Review the graduate section of the careers website – Here you will find key information about the graduate scheme, and it will help you to make an informed decision about if the scheme is right for you. You will also be able to view and read some of our graduate profiles, these are useful as they provide a graduate prospective of our scheme.
- Select your preferred profession – As part of our graduate scheme application form, we ask you to pick which of our professions you would like to be considered for. Review our programme areas section to find out more about our range of professions and to see where you might best fit. You will be asked to make a ‘first choice’ profession, and then specify any other areas you may be interested on the application form, so keep this in mind.
- Research the company – Visit our corporate website to get a feel for what is currently going on at Sellafield – We also have a Sellafield magazine which is full of useful information and news stories.
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria for the graduate scheme before you apply – we require all graduates to have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification and have graduated within the last 3 years before the scheme is due to start.
- Think about the following two questions – You will be required to answer these on your application form.
Please describe why you would like to join Sellafield Ltd?
Please describe an interesting project you have undertaken during your time at University?
Now you’re ready to start your application!
- Visit our search and apply page to begin your application – Start by reading the graduate scheme 2018 job description, when you reach the bottom of the page click on ‘Apply for job’.
- A new window will pop up, here you will login into our applicant tracking system. Ensure your pop-up blocker is turned off when you click ‘Apply for Job’.
- We recommend creating an account – This will allow you to save and return to your application should you not be able to finish it in one go.
- Step 1 – Personal details – It is essential you provide us with an up to date email address and telephone number. We recommend using a non-university email address, as you will often lose access to this once your degree has ended.
- Step 2 – Questionnaire – Here you will be asked a range of questions, most of these are multiple choice questions about yourself, your degree, your degree classification etc. Towards the end of this section you will be asked two questions – Please describe why you would like to join Sellafield Ltd? & Please describe an interesting project you have undertaken during your time at University? – Both of these questions have a maximum length of 4000 characters. We recommend answering these on a word document and copying and pasting your answers into the application form.
- Step 3 – Attach your CV or any other documents you think may be relevant to your application – Ensure these are up to date.
- Step 4 – Complete our diversity questionnaire.
- Step 5 – Review application, ensure all your details are correct and you are happy with your application.
- Submit your application. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received within 24 hours, if you do not receive this, please log back into your account to ensure you have submitted your application correctly. If you still have problems, please contact the resourcing team on our email address – NSBS.Resourcing@sellafieldsites.com
- We endeavour to respond to applications as soon as we can, we often receive high volumes of applications therefore our response time is varied.
- If your initial application is successful we will require you to complete an online aptitude test. For more information on the full application process click here.
- In the meantime, keep up to date with us on our Twitter channel for regular updates.
Also look out for us on our graduate media partner websites…