Join Our Team
Starting Salary: £36,073 with the opportunity to earn: £37,815 + an annual bonus of up to £4k.
Additional allowances starting from £1,825 per annum are applicable to this role.
Working Pattern: Days (37.5 hours per week, typical hours are 07:30 – 15:40)
Location: Sellafield, West Cumbria
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing:
We are looking for time served mechanics to join our teams here at Sellafield!
The successful candidates must have experience and must be capable of delivering the full range of mechanical craft maintenance activities safely, efficiently and effectively in support of the business / plant operations.
In order for us to place you in an appropriate area, please let us know in your application if you have the ability to: work at heights; work in confined spaces; wear breathing apparatus, such as a respirator and work in personal protective equipment such as air fed suits, PVC suits and gloves.
Why choose Sellafield?
Seventy-five years ago, we helped to create the nation’s nuclear deterrent. Today, we’re using our unrivalled knowledge of nuclear to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In cleaning up the birthplace of the UK’s nuclear industry, we are once again generating growth and employment in West Cumbria, the North West of England and beyond.
Our 11,000 strong workforce is joined by more than 40,000 people from the best of the best in the nuclear supply chain, from small Cumbrian businesses to global market leaders. We need this diversity of thinking, of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
What’s in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are an organisation that is committed to supporting employees fulfil their potential. With comprehensive training and development opportunities, we will enable you to feel inspired in your role.
We also offer a range of employee benefits:
• Be a part of Sellafield’s 100 year mission.
• An attractive defined contribution pension scheme – the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution!
• You will benefit from an annual bonus of up to £4k based on company performance.
• 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. Rising to 30 days annual leave from 1st April 2024. There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days.
• The ability to carry over 5 days (rising to 10 from 1st April 2024) annual leave each financial year.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Family Friendly Policies – Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
• Learning & Development Opportunities https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/learning-and-development/
• Reward & Recognition Policies.
• Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
• Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check.
• MyDiscounts – Employee Savings & Discounts.
• MyBenefits – A Charity Giving Scheme.
• Many, many more!
Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page: https://careers.sellafieldsite.co.uk/work-with-us/rewards-and-benefits/
Sellafield has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer.
The Ideal Candidate:
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject.
• Successful completion of a recognised Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject.
• Experience of isolating/make safe of plant equipment.
• Experience/evidence of fault finding and how issues were resolved including the techniques used.
• Able to use both manual and electronic information retrieval systems and able to explain types of information retrieval used.
• The ability to read technical drawings, instructions and manuals.
• Strong communication skills, and ability to liaise with a broad range of contacts.
• Proven maintenance experience gained through working on a wide range of equipment. Examples may include pumps, motors, remote handling equipment, bearings, breaks, engines, pipework, ventilation systems, cranes, steam & compressed air systems including various ancillaries and valves/Steam traps.
• Knowledge of maintenance programmes and company standards/industry best practice.
• Trained to carry out condition monitoring in support of maintenance activities.
• Evidence of involvement in improvements to maintenance performance.
• Evidence of involvement in the improvement of a safe environment/general housekeeping of the work area, particularly in their own area of responsibility.
• In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.
• Please regularly check your Spam/Junk folders for news about this vacancy, correspondence could contain invitations to interview and other important updates.