Sellafield Ltd Careers – Recruitment Privacy Notice
Personal Information that is captured as part of this process will be processed and managed in accordance with Data Protection Law.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing
Our purpose is to conduct an assessment of the information you provide in relation to a job application.
The legal basis we use to process your personal data in relation to this process is article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which allows us to process personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract of which you are party to, or in order to take steps at your request, prior to entering into a contract.
Within our Diversity and Equality questionnaire, you will be asked for personal information that is classified as Special Category Data under the GDPR. The legal basis we use to process this information is article 9 (2) (a) of the GDPR, which allows us to process personal data where you have given explicit consent for us to do so.
What we need
The following personal information is collected and processed if you choose to apply for an employment opportunity at Sellafield Ltd.
- Your name;
- Your preferred name;
- Your address;
- Your email address(s);
- Your telephone number(s);
- CV Document / Your work history;
- Education and training;
- Your membership status with any professional institutes/societies;
- Your previous employment details with Sellafield Ltd/BNFL;
- Your citizenship status (right to work in the UK);
- Diversity and Equality information (optional)
Further information will be required if you are successful for an employment opportunity at Sellafield Ltd. All Sellafield Ltd employees are required to successfully obtain security clearance and complete a pre-employment medical examination. In order to process this we require your:
- Date of Birth;
- Place of Birth;
- National Insurance Number;
- Proof of identify – Original documents, usually passport, original birth certificate and driving license will need to be presented to Sellafield Ltd to verify your identify. Copies of these will be required for your security clearance. If you do not have all of the above, Sellafield Ltd will advise on other forms of suitable ID;
- Your employment / unemployment and education history for the last 3 years;
- Permission to contact your previous employers/education to verify your history;
- Time spent overseas – if 6 months or more in the last 3 years;
- Copies of any work permits or visas if required;
- Outcome of criminal record checks (Disclosure and Barring Service);
- Outcome/results of medical check;
- Bank details (to pay you directly)
In some instances candidates are required to complete an aptitude test or assessment test that is relevant to the employment opportunity you have applied for.
Why we need it
The information you provide to us is used to identify your suitability for an employment opportunity at Sellafield Ltd. The information may be used in the following ways:
- To understand your right to work in the UK;
- To review your CV / Work history against the job description to understand if you are suitable for an interview;
- To contact you regarding the outcome of your CV review;
- To invite you to complete an aptitude test (your information will be passed to a third-party – see further detail below);
- To invite you to attend an interview;
- To inform you of the outcome of your interview;
- If successful, to provide you with relevant documents relating to your offer, to begin the security clearance process and medical process;
- To initiate the security clearance process with Sellafield Ltd Vetting team;
- To initiate your pre-employment medical with Sellafield Ltd Occupational Health team;
- To formally offer you a position at Sellafield Ltd (on completion of successful security and medical clearance).
Our Diversity and Equality questionnaire is optional; information provided to the organisation will be done so in a way that is anonymous and does not identify you as an individual. If you decide to give us this information as part of your application, it will not be used in the decision making process.
What we do with it
Your CV, application and related documentation will be shared with the prospective hiring manager(s) of the vacancy you have applied against. Additionally the contact information you provide will be used by the Sellafield Ltd Resourcing team to contact you in relation to your application.
Where you are required to complete an aptitude test or assessment we will provide your contact details to our third-party provider to enable them to contact you directly with results of any assessments.
If you decide to provide us with information as part of the Diversity and Equality questionnaire this information will be used by the Sellafield Ltd Human Resources team for reporting; this information will be provided to the team in a way that maintains the anonymity of the individual. Additionally, we will share this information where there is a legal obligation to do so.
How long we keep it
The data which you provide in your application is stored for a period of 12 months from the time your application reaches a completed stage; this applies where applicants are successful or unsuccessful in their application.
For additional information regarding Sellafield Ltd, your rights and how to request them at Sellafield Ltd, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sellafield-ltd-privacy-statement