Location: Sellafield, Cumbria – (48 month programme)
What is Project Management?
Project Managers are the people who have the responsibility of delivering projects safely, on schedule and on budget. They lead an integrated project team of professionals in the design, construction, commissioning or decommissioning of some of the most challenging projects in the most challenging environments in industry.
What will I be doing?
This is a four-year Degree Apprenticeship scheme which offers on the job learning across a broad range of project delivery areas. Aligned to the Project Manager Degree apprenticeship standard you will gain Project Management experience whilst also gaining a professional Project Management qualification. Whilst on the scheme you will undertake six 6-monthly placements and one final year 12-month placement in Project Management, Project Controls, Risk Management and Construction/Commissioning/Pre-Operations.
What do I need to consider?
If you like to own a piece of work from start to finish and like being accountable for delivering work this is a role you will get a great deal of satisfaction from. You will be working alongside world class experts in the industry and potentially leading on projects that are brand new and at the forefront of innovation and problem solving. You will be tested and challenged as you work under demanding deadlines. You will need to be an effective communicator to influence your team and ensure the team maintains its momentum to deliver to cost, time, quality and safety requirements.
As an integral part of your apprenticeship your progress will be monitored and assessed against government standard requirements. You will compile an evidence folder, demonstrating your areas of learning with accredited certificates of completion for elements of your training. Within the last six months of your apprenticeship you will undertake an assessment by an independently appointed organisation, where you will be expected to clearly demonstrate your capability to perform as a Project Manager.
Where will my training be delivered?
The apprentice will undertake placements based on either the Sellafield site or one of our various satellite offices in West Cumbria with day release at a local training providers facility.
What qualifications will I obtain?
- Level 6 ST0411 Project Manager (integrated degree) Apprenticeship
- Apprentices will achieve the Association for Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- BSc Hons degree in Project Management
*Specific qualifications are subject to change and replaced with an equivalent
What are the entry requirements?
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4 (Grade C) in Mathematics, English Language & 1 Science or Engineering subject.
- Minimum of 96 UCAS Points, all A Level subjects considered.
- Other Level 3 qualifications may be considered.
- Vocational equivalents at level 3 or higher will also be considered as equivalent to UCAS points.
- Functional Skills Level 2 will also be considered as equivalent to GCSE Grade 4 (Grade C). Other equivalent qualifications may be considered.
- Candidates will be required to achieve appropriate security and medical clearances; these will be instigated on receiving a conditional offer of employment.